Thursday, May 31, 2012

Elder Jepsen - Visiting the Washington Spokane Temple


Our prep-day was changed because of Memorial Day, this gave us an opportunity to attend the Spokane Temple and I was once again reminded how much I enjoy the Temple. It's a fairly new temple. Plans for the Washington Spokane Temple were announced in 1998.  


Temples are always beautiful buildings in each their own unique way. Exteriors as well as interiors are such as one would expect for a House of the Lord. But, I think the real beauty is in the transformation that follows the adherence to the teachings and ordinances performed there. 



The welcoming and all-embracing peace I experience in the Temple is unlike any other experience I have ever had. I feel closer to God while there but I can't spend every day in the Temple, or I wouldn't have time to practice and share the very teachings that makes the House of the Lord a blessing. A good visit to the Temple will renew my focus and lift me spiritually but I must live it and share it, and that has it's own rewards. 


The missionary work here began in 1854 with four Elders that came to the area and began sharing the gospel and the last available numbers show 257.710 members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in 503 congregations for Washington State.


We are quite blessed as missionaries that the Lord has chosen to trust us with teaching quite a few good people at the moment, I find it encouraging to see people progress and change as the gospel opens up to them. We currently have three baptisms scheduled and are hoping to schedule two more this week. I am grateful to be a part of it and I will let you know as it all develops. 


The Washington Spokane Mission is about to experience a change of leadership as President and Sister Palmer soon finish their missions (three years). Our new Mission President couple will be President and Sister Mullen and I am sure they'll be just as great as President and Sister Palmer. 


Love you all, 
Elder Jepsen 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...