Monday, September 24, 2012

Elder Jepsen - I Am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I LOVE IT!


Our team has changed. I now work with Elder Omohundro and we both call Elder Taylor our trainer. Elder Omohundro is very eager to work, we get along great and I'm happy to serve with one who has so much experience to draw on.

It's been a difficult week, to be perfectly honest I've been struggling with taking over this new area but on the other hand some incredible miracles have happened.

It's a satisfying experience when we are allowed the blessing and experience it is to bring someone to church. As usual, they'll often be a little uneasy around a crowd of new faces but as they feel welcome and (if they have opened their hearts sufficiently,) feel the Spirit, they end up enjoying the experience.

An even greater experience is when we have another baptism to look forward to and it could seem that we soon might have that blessing as well and life is good!

It's a beautiful thing to have the privilege that I have, sharing the gospel, that God's love is available to everyone who honestly decides to seek Him, with an open heart. It moves me deeply that I am allowed this blessing in my life, to serve God and see His blessing become apparent to others as they too seek what God has to offer.

As missionaries we ask a lot. We are not offering a book, a membership in a social club or "Pudding of the Month Club." We ask that people reconsider their view of life itself, priorities and goals. We ask people to change, and it can be a challenge to consider as great a change, as a commitment to live according to God's directions can be.

The people we meet come in various levels of preparation for the gospel. For some it's an all new world of difference, and for others it's as if the introduction of the gospel is the only natural next step in succession of their preparatory steps to this particular moment in their lives. But, if facing it with an open heart and wanting to know, the gospel is an eyeopening experience unlike any other and it's truly great to help guide people in the discovery, that God lives and He really cares.

I appreciate that both of you Mom and Dad, and my brothers Paul and Lee all served missions. Now it's my turn and I am glad to be here, it's a GREAT blessing. I am a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and love what I do!

I hope you have a great week. You're in my prayers and I'm grateful for everything you have done and do.

Love,
Elder Jepsen


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...