Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Elder Jepsen - Mission Entry 63 - Blessings and Joys of Missionary Work

We are continuing to work a lot with our favorite family. A really awesome highlight from last week: Two of our new baptisms bore their testimonies in church! It was GREAT! (fast Sunday was this Sunday as we have Stake Conference next weekend) Their testimonies were so pure and delightful, it was a pleasure to hear! Their whole family was so proud of them they spontaneously clapped (kinda unexpected, but the whole thing was so honest and pure from the heart).

I don't quite know how to express the feelings that I experience when I see good people discovering God in their lives. It has no equal and feels good on so many levels but, I just don't know superlatives big enough--I love being a missionary.

I'm really sorry to hear about Jennifer's accident. I really hope that things work out for her... How old is Clara getting these days? Somebody asked me about my age and I answered twenty-one--wait, twenty-two--wow, I'm old and then they just laughed at me.

I'm also really sorry to hear about our car and I hope that you will be able to find some solution to your transportation. As for my transportation, it's also having some troubles and and I've been fixing and tweaking quite consistently. I've noticed that I always seem to have small traces of grease somewhere on my person now. Not that I give it much thought, I'm really grateful that I'm in this particular mission. Minneapolis is probably the most "biking" city in the States! another reason to why I'm supposed to be here:) I just love biking!!

My companion is going home next week, he's prepped and sent a lot of his stuff home.
Now that I know that I'll be getting a new companion I'm once again left in suspense? Ah, the uncertainties of missionary life.

Well, I love y'all and I pray that you'll find a solution to the the whole automobile thing...

Elder Jepsen



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...