Monday, September 6, 2010

Elder Jepsen - Mission Entry 74 - New Area, New Town: Same God and Church

My transfer call came and it said: Go North and so I am going North... to Hibbing, a good bit smaller than Minneapolis... and I love it too! The Stake President here actually served his mission in Denmark a number of years ago, so we've been talking "Denmark."

The congregation here is a very pleasant group of people. I look forward to get to know them while serving as a missionary.

My new companion is Elder Carson Guillory. He has a good sense of humor, so chances are that we'll get along great. He's from New Mexico and actually arrived in this mission at the same time as me (except that this was his beginning mission and I had already served a portion of my mission in Denmark as my visa processing was delayed).

My new address is:

Elder Jepsen
1601 E 29th St.
55746 Hibbing MN
USA

So, all is well. There is a different and slower pace here but, God is the same and He's the source of all our blessings and miracles, both on a mission as in life. We met this lady that welcomed us in and she wanted to come to church. We'll be meeting with her this coming week and helping her find her testimony. She explained that her children wanted to start attending church and I can't wait to teach her and her family, help them find a space for God in their lives.

Paul, I'm proud to have you as my big brother. Once again CONGRATULATIONS, when you read this you must already be a married man. Way to go, Paul! Looking forward to meet Brittany, my new sister.

Love y'all


Elder Jepsen



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...