Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Elder Jepsen - Mission Entry 86 - Time is Flying, Much too Fast!

The temperatures are still dropping and most of the time the weather is best described as cold or colder. When it heats up (an increase from 4° Fahrenheit to 26° Fahrenheit) it almost feels like a heatwave--below freezing. We have no shortage on snow which is mostly good for visual appeal, playing or winter sports. We do our best to enjoy the visual appeal. 


Being from Norway, Elder Horgmo is dealing well with the cold and snow and the members here are great at taking care of us. I am so grateful to be here on a mission. Giving something of myself has given me more in return than I ever imagined.

We have begun our Christmas preperations and it looks like it is going to be a fun Christmas. We found a box of Christmas lights in our apartment and decided to decorate the whole apartment. There was a lot of lights and the whole place is now packed full of Christmas cheer!

I am certainly no expert in English. But, being fellow Scandinavians makes it easier to get help Elder Horgmo through some of the initial obstacles and questions arising, when confronted with the English language in a teaching situation. Elder Horgmo is doing well, we have lots of people to see and time is flying, much too fast. 

It turns out that Elder Horgmo and I know some of the same people back home. I have enjoyed getting a few updates and news from home.


I love you all!
Elder Jepsen


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...