Monday, December 17, 2012

I'm a Mormon - Christian Bolt, a Sculptor, an Artist and a Family Man

Mormon is a nickname for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Although members of the church don't usually refer to themselves as a Mormons, it comes with the beliefs as people has identified those associated with the church by that term since the last century. Our beliefs are of far greater priority to members of the church, than having to carry the nickname "Mormon" and to many it soon becomes a badge of honor, because of what it stands for.  http://only2years.blogspot.dk/2012/09/mormonism-101-faq_7379.html

Mormons come from all walks of life and being a Mormon does not make life any less interesting, although it does involve making choices in life.


Christian Bolt, a Swiss sculptor, artist, family man and Mormon and shares his views (in German) on how religion must stabilize our lives, make us free and strong in the world. "The more I come to know God the more I come to know myself."


The following is not a word by word translation of the video but it explains some of the views of Christian Bolt:


About me: 
I studied visual arts in Italy and work in the international art market. It is a privilege that I am able to make my passion and personal interests my business. Life in the mountains is inspiring and the creations of God are an impressive teacher. Together with my dear wife I have three children who are an especially important part of my life. 

Why I am a Mormon: Throughout my life I have come to understand how blessed I was to enjoy the privilege of growing up in a family where the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ were taught in my childhood. Loving parents taught me early in my life to keep God in my life. But I had to learn how to do that for myself. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because I feel in my heart that I am on a path that will make it possible for me to return to my Heavenly Father. The teachings of Jesus Christ make me free. They strengthen my individuality and my self-esteem. 

How I live my faith: My membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints brings me great joy. The challenges of this life and sharing the Christian way of living with others is a great source of power. The longer I live the more I understand that my relationship to God stands in close to connection to my relationship to my fellow men. And so I am glad to serve my fellow men and realize so much about myself. A life with faith in Jesus Christ is a life full of hope and joy.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...