Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Other Side of Heaven

I saw a good movie today. I usually don't sit down and write a recommendation when I have been entertained by a movie but his did more than entertain me. I felt better and uplifted after watching it.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Other_Side_of_Heaven 

The movie is about missionary work without being preachy. The beauty in loosing yourself in the service of others is portrayed excellently. Although missionary work in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is more organized and the missionaries are no longer exposed to risk in the same way as in the early fifties, most of todays missionaries around the world can relate to this story in one form or another. 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...