Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Elder Jepsen - Mission Entry 49 - WOW, WOW & WOW! What a Week!

Wow... where do I start? So much has happened this last week!

Sunday before last we had Walter Rane visit our ward. His son was to give his newborn baby a blessing and he was going to be there for it. I got to say hi to him really quick and shake his hand and stuff. I didn't want to start talking to him about how much I loved his artwork and that my dad was an artist as well, as he seemed kinda busy and was with his family. Really nice guy though.

Tomorrow we are going to be visited by Elder L. Tom Perry. We are going to have a two hour meeting with him and we are going to recieve valuable guidance and counsel from him as a mission. I can't wait! It's going to be wonderful! He's going to be the first apostle of the Lord that I meet in person! Elder Donald Hallstrom of the Presidency of the Seventy will be there as well. Amazing how blessed you are on a mission!

To prepare for meeting with him each companionship has been encouraged to teach twenty lessons each week and we have been working hard to reach that goal together with the congregation here (which has been great experience). Now we have surpassed that goal and we are seeing so many blessings from it. We found eight new families this week that were "less active" and that are very much willing to come to church and to have us over to teach them. The work is amazing here and I truly enjoy working in this area. Every night we have a dinner appointment with a family, and then we have a member come out and teach with us. Then we go and visit our appointments and the needy and less active members and families of the ward.

Now for other fun stuff, I just found a blender in our apartment and have been making banana milkshakes ever since. So, yes Mama, I am gettin my frooits (fruits, just in case).

My new mailing address is:

Elder Lee Edward Jepsen
2216 Pleasant Ave. S, #101
Minneapolis,MN 55404
USA

Gotta go, gotta mission to do!
Love y'all

Elder Lee Jepsen

Elder Dallin H. Oaks "Religious Freedom" From BYU-Idaho Part 1


Elder Dallin H. Oaks "Religious Freedom" From BYU-Idaho Part 2

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...