Monday, February 1, 2010

Elder Jepsen - Mission Entry 46 - Transfer Time

We just barely found out about transfers within the last thirty minutes of writing this email. I am being transferred to Lake Nokomis, right in the middle of Minneapolis... I'm going to the biggest city I have ever been to in my life! (Well, aside from being born in a large city, but my mind was rather preoccupied at that time).

Just this past weekend we had two baptisms. It was amazing! The spirit was very special and it was a wonderful experience. To see a father and son all dressed in white after all that work was a priceless sight. I am so happy for them.

The father didn't really have clothes that he would be comfortable in for church attendance, so I gave him some shirts and a tie and some sweaters that other missionaries had given to me. Elder Marsh gave him a pair of slacks and a pair of extra shoes that he had. He wore it all on Sunday and it just felt so right! They looked so good together and just radiated a deep inner happiness! I am sad that I'll be leaving now. I want to see them progress, but I have faith in them. Their pure hearts are a source of inspiration and it brings me great comfort to know that they now are a part of the local congregation. They're good people!

Since I had a pretty good idea that I would be leaving, this week was full of goodbyes and farewells. It's odd. I have come to love this place. I have many friends here and I truly have come to love the people and the congregation. I love my companion as we have served well and long together. We work well together, but amongst all this comfort and love, I have a feeling that it is time. It's time for me to be somewhere else and fulfill my duties there. But as I said, it is an odd feeling.

Elder Marsh and I have had some very interesting experiences together. We've felt the Spirit together so many times and he has taught me so much. I am really going to miss him. There are so many stories that can be told, but I don't have time to write them all. I'll use my last time to day to send you pictures from his camera...

I am really glad that the operation went well. I was actually a bit nervous about it and you were all in my prayers. I hope your hand heals well Mom.

I love you. The Gospel is true!

Elder Lee Jepsen



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...