Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Elder Jepsen - Mission Entry 68 - Gospel of Jesus Christ a Good Foundation for Happiness

I have enclosed a picture of some of our friends (the great people we are teaching). Could you imagine a happier bunch? They are truly GREAT and I love being a missionary! I am truly grateful to be here and with friends like this it is hard not to be happy. There is no place I'd rather be right now.

Congratulations on Eric graduating and finding work to begin saving for his mission already. Keep it up, brother! The result could be that Eric is ready to go as I return home? I'm impressed and looking forward to hear about his mission. Good going, Eric!

Paul sent me some missionary art work that I just had to post on my wall for me to see every day. Paul, you have a good sense of humor and I like it and you're a GREAT brother! In fact you and Eric are my best brothers EVER (no-one even comes close since you're my only two brothers [insert laugh track here]).

Transfer calls were this morning and guess what? Once again I'm staying in my current area BUT, I'm training! I'll be responsible for helping a brand new golden missionary getting off to a fresh start, I'm so excited!

If that is enough to get you excited, I might get to train a missionary from either Finland or Sweden. There are three missionaries in the new group coming down from "The North Lands." Two of them are Elders from either Finland or Sweden, and the third is a Sister from Norway. We're getting a full Scandinavian representation.

The more seasoned missionaries used to call new missionaries "Greenies" but, not any more--as it can shed a derogatory shadow on the situation. New missionaries are now referred to as "Golden" missionaries suggesting great worth and potential. I think the analogy of "Refining Gold" throughout a mission is more appropriate rather than the earlier idea of "Breaking in a Greenie." Goldens are eager, energetic and have a lot of excitement about the work, and I'm all in favor of that.

This last week I've been to Leadership Training for four days where I've spent most of my time being reminded how to be a better missionary, how to make use of the Holy Ghost in every aspect of our missionary work, making Him literally our third companion.

Love you all and I look forward to hear from you next week!

Elder Jepsen


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...