Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Elder Jepsen - Mission Entry 69 - Thank You, Mom & Dad!


Having the opportunity and responsibility of training a new Elder is unlike anything I imagined. Elder Seppo Samuel Happonen is from Finland and he is an awesome missionary! His enthusiasm and dedication to the work is exciting and he has many good ideas. The Lord knew that I needed to work with Elder Happonen after sending home three missionaries that all were done with their mission, his excitement for the work has made me a better missionary. I am looking forward to us having a great deal of success all due to the great faith of Elder Happonen.

Training a new missionary is so much harder than I expected, I can imagine it being a little like parenting. Thank you and RESPECT to you both, Mom and Dad. You are my heroes, constantly giving me something to live up to with your example, reminding me of who you are, who I am and who I want to be just by being there for me.

Being an example is a lot to live up to all of sudden--all the time--whether I am trying to be a good example or not. I'm not used to people looking up to me like he does (not that he's short, he's actually taller than me). Although it's a nice feeling, the responsibility is a little overwhelming.

We've been meeting a whole lot of new people so hopefully I'll have some new people to write about next week. Sorry, but I don't have much time to write this week.

Love you all. You have given me a lot to live up to!

Elder Jepsen




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...