Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Elder Jepsen - Mission Entry 53 - Amazing Faith & Willpower Endures Trials

This week has been a little slow as a lot of appointments have been falling through. Maybe people just want to get outdoors in the warmth after a long winter, rather than sitting inside listening to us teaching them? I'm fine, though. So many other things are working out well for us. I am happy and thrilled to be a missionary here in Minnesota. Things are going great and I'm enjoying life. I think my teaching has improved and the principles of the gospel make such perfect sense as I continue to learn. It's amazing how everything ties together in Christ when teaching the gospel. It's awesome and I love it!

We have the US Census is going on right now, so we filled it out and sent it in as it is required by law, even though you are not a permanent resident. I'm now part of the American records in Minnesota for the next ten years. They will know I was here years from now (well, they can know if search through enough records). 

I never got around to tell you that one of the members bought me a chromatic harmonica which I have been playing on in my spare time in the apartment. It's awesome and it's a nice portable instrument to learn while on my mission. I love it (I am not sure if my companion does, but he hasn't complained. I must hurry and get better before he stops me).

The same people who bought me the harmonica also provided an awesome opportunity a couple of weeks back. They introduced us to a woman in their building who actually has been a member since she was young, but never had much association with the church for various reasons. Now she is an active member and is like a sponge when it comes to learning about the gospel. She has an amazing faith and willpower. She is a single mother struggling with two very young children of which the oldest is autistic. It is obvious that her situation is stressful, yet she works very hard at fighting the trials and obstacles in her path, continually drawing closer to God and be cheerful. This woman has not only turned her own life around, she introduced us to a friend, another woman in the building, whom we also have been able to share the gospel with. I can never stop being amazed at how the gospel has so much to offer to so many! It's like pieces of God's great big puzzle all falling in place and working together as our Lord provides opportunities for his children to receive the gospel. I love it!

Gotta go now, but I love you all.

Elder Jepsen


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...