Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Elder Jepsen - Mission Entry 90 - Allow Some Room for God in Your Heart

Thank you for the love and support I receive in my weekly mails from you. It means a lot to me. Thank you for all that you have done for me over the years it took to raise me and keep me out of trouble. I would never have enjoyed the blessing of being here if you hadn't helped me prepare to serve a mission.

I truly am indebted to the people I have come to know by going on a mission and for all that they have done for me. They are truly wonderfully amazing saints. I have no idea anymore how to fully show my gratitude in just an adequate measure, there is just so much! I have nothing for which to take any credit but what God has given me--my hands, feet and my heart. I can only pray that my feet will be able to take me to where my heart tells me I must go, lift and hold on.

None of this has ever been about me. It rests on me to do my part and do it well because God has allowed me what is needed to do my part. I am just one little missionary (well, 6ft.+ but), still learning from the giants around me. Yet I feel the greatness and success in serving my God thanks to the many great shoulders that has lifted me up to feel His presence: Faithful and strong parents, family, brothers, sisters, friends and teachers. 

Our Mission President has asked me to serve in a place called Farmington. I am needed as a  District Leader again. My new companion's name is Elder Messenger.

I have learned more than I can begin to list by serving a mission but still have lots to learn. I love you Mom and Dad and I appreciate all that you have done for me. I am looking forward to seek your counsel from my new point of perspective as I am sure you have more to teach me now that I can ask the right questions. I can think of no better place to seek counsel for my next steps on life, considering all that you two have been through and overcome together. I love you and know you love the Lord. I look forward to being home again (in due time, of course). I still have a lot of work to do here. If God allows it will be a great work!

Every time I see the great change that happens when people allow some room for God in their hearts, I'm amazed. I have seen people change at a rate and speed I could never have imagined, by allowing God's word and Spirit into their lives. Such experiences has the potential of adding a far perspective and further motivation to any missionary.

Thinking it through in theory, it doesn't seem that it would take long to realize God's words to us as written in the Book of Mormon. But, perhaps the reality is that we impose our own limitations to the process by being too cautious with our faith. If you imagine a connection that has to be applied between God's word and our heart as a water connection: We might be connecting sufficient to supply a little mist of water that barely would be enough for one of Grandma's smallest flowers, when we instead could connect to something big enough to supply a city the size of New York on the hottest day of the year. If you haven't prepared a little room for such a volume, you'd better be either a very good swimmer or carry a really big sponge. --But, with just a little preparation you can have a barrel of unlimited dimensions ready. Sincerely asking God to help prepare your heart with sufficient capacity to hold His word and feel His Spirit, will give you all the spiritual retention needed.

I am so grateful for this gospel, and for how it lives and breathes in those who live it. The promises are not dead, but real. Jesus Christ lives and His atonement is a very real sign of his eternal love for all of us. I know that He loves the people here in Minnesota. I love my misson!!

Love ya!!!

Elder Lee E. Jepsen



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...